Simply a collection of tips that helped me to not only lose weight, but to live a better life.

Friday, May 3, 2013

Recipe: Chicken Salsa Salad

Is it normal to get cravings in the third trimester? If so, my little Mia is craving avocados right now! Seriously, I eat at least one a day. Good thing they're in season and super cheap right now (2 for $1!!!). And recently I found a salad recipe on Pinterest that would give me something to use them for besides my fresh homemade guacamole (which is fabulous). If you're not an avocado fan, feel free to omit that ingredient and substitute another yummy vegetable instead!

Chicken Salsa Salad
taken from http://pearls-handcuffs-happyhour.blogspot.com/
Ingredients
-chicken (I used canned, but you can add it however you want!)
-tomato
-black beans
-corn
-avocado














Um, basically just throw all those ingredients together. In whatever portions you desire. This is a very fresh summery salad that fills you up. If it's a little bland for you, try adding a tiny bit of southwestern salad dressing or a vinaigrette. Remember, a little goes a long way. So you should try this salad...like right now!

Speaking of summery, anybody else like listening to Keith Urban or Kenny Chesney sing about summertime?  Those songs are so upbeat and happy! Makes me want to sit and lounge on a beach all day sipping a fresh cold (root)beer. I think I just found my weekend plans.

And if anybody knows when the heck peaches are coming into season, inform me at once! I have been CRAVING them as well, yet they are no where to be seen. I figured by May in southern California, I'd have at least spotted one or two. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment